Garage doors are vital in protecting our things like cars, lawnmowers, and ATVs. However, sometimes we need to replace them because they have become too damaged. You may have hit it with the lawnmower, the kids might have hit it with hockey pucks, or some vermin have gotten to it.
Regardless of the reason why you need a new garage door, we are here to help. Installing a new one is not as easy as you might think. They are heavy, under tension, and require the proper knowledge and tools to get the job done properly. Thankfully, the professionals at Abbott Door can handle any garage door installation. We have the experience, knowledge, and tools needed to do the job properly and safely.
A garage door has many benefits besides protecting your valuables and looking better than your old, beat-up one. The benefits include:
- Increased Home Value: Replacing an old garage door is, according to some, the top ROI of any home improvement investment.
- Reduced Maintenance: Older doors will require annual maintenance and even paintings. By installing a new garage door, you free up your time spent doing these annual maintenance tasks.
- Increased Safety: Modern garage doors come equipped with a variety of safety features that protect you and your family. It may also get you an insurance reduction.
- Better Insulation: New doors are engineered to keep your garage cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Replacing old doors helps keep temperatures comfortable in your garage and reduces your energy bill.
- Improved Appearance: Your old garage doors have experienced an array of weather conditions and may start to look like it. Replacing your overhead garage doors improves your home's appearance by giving it a cohesive look.
- Increased Utilization: If your residential garage doors don't work or don't work properly, this will deter you from using your garage. Overhead garage door replacement will give you the opportunity to use your garage for storing vehicles, completing projects, and more.
- Energy Efficiency: Although it is not something you might think about initially, if your residential garage doors let cold air in your home, you are losing energy that is used to heat your home. A well-built overhead garage door can help prevent the use of excess energy by providing an insulated barrier against the conditions outside of the garage.
Many DIYers believe that they can easily install a garage door. Although you may be able to, it certainly is not easy and does come with risks. That is why you should hire a professional instead. A professional provides the following perks:
A professional installer knows how to get the job done. They have all the correct tools and parts needed to make sure the garage door is installed properly.
If you are replacing a broken or worn-out garage door, hire a professional. Utilizing the service of a professional will save you time, frustration, keep you safe, and keep your warranty valid. At Abbott Door, we proudly provide professional garage door installations for the reasons mentioned above. Contact us today to schedule your garage door installation!